Thursday, August 16, 2007

I wish I had an accent

Since we were moving to a new place I decided it would be a great time to reinvent myself. You know, change the things I don't like about myself. Since no one knows me here I could have a fresh start. First thing I thought of: An Accent. I would love to have a British accent. Sure it seemed like a lot of work, but how cool. Then my sister-in-law Meredith asked me to give her a sneak preview of my new accent and I couldn't even say one word so there went that idea.

After I got a bit more realistic, I found some things I really think I can do. Here are a couple.

1) Be myself. Sometimes I hold back a bit unsure of what people will think and then about six months in I hear people say "so this is the real Megan. We like her!" No holding back. What you see is what you get.

2)I am not going to be afraid. Not even of my new basement. I am a HUGE scaredy cat. It sometimes rules my life. I decided I hate being scared all the time. Easier said than done, but I am really going to work on it. For example, Today I am scared to ride the bus to campus to meet Matt for lunch. I even tried to back out of it this morning, but Matt was so disappointed that we weren't coming so I bucked up and said "see you at noon!" During my whole work out I stressed over it, but I am going to get on the bus today.

Wish me LUCK!


6 comments:

aniC said...

i'm joining everyone else in saying that i'm so glad you have a blog now. i welcome you to the blogging community with open arms. dont let us down...no pressure! :)

It's Been a Day! said...

i'm waiting to see the real megan.

most people, however, don't really want to see the real paige!!

hopefully the bus experience was "meg"nificient.

did you get a ha"meg"er? or "meg"aroni and cheese?

Jess said...

I am so glad you have a blog now. It will be so fun to hear about your new adventures. I proud of you for facing your fears. Instead of a british accent, how about a Texas accent?

diddy said...

I like scrambled megs with cheese.

Katie said...

I like the Brittish accent thing-let me know how it works out. LOL
Sounds stupid, but when ever I start to freak out or get scared of something, I tell myself to "own it". Sounds dumb, but telling myself that gives me the self power to over rule the fear. It really works for me.

Kimberly said...

I love reinventing myself--over and over and over! Isn't that what life is all about?! I love your blog and it just makes me mad that I haven't seen you in FOREVER! Good luck with all your goals!