....the phone rang and we found out that church is postponed until 10:00am (instead of 9:00am) and we are only having sacrament meeting. Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!!
Sunday, December 16, 2007
Saturday, December 15, 2007
Thursday, December 13, 2007
1. He is the biggest BYU fan ever. And I mean ever. Few people I have met (beside my Grandpa) can rival the love Matt has for the Cougs. It is always fun watching the games with him (well, only if we win).
2. He served his mission in Albania. What's great is that he uses his fluent Albanian constantly. Oh wait, the only time he has used his Albanian in the time I have known him was to order the biggest (and very tasty) calzone I have ever seen from a great Albanian pizza place in Boston. (thanks to Pat for taking us there)
3. He is a really great dad. He loves coming home to Blake and will usually call on his way home to see if I will keep Blake up until he gets home so he can hang out with him before he goes down for bed. He is so patient with Blake and loves to teach him new things.
For the record, Blake only uses Mr. Binks in his crib for naps and bedtimes. So far, so good. This picture was taken about five weeks ago and we have made huge strides since then.
Wednesday, December 12, 2007
Since Matt stayed home later than he usually would, I told him I would drive him to campus. As we were walking out the door he couldn't find his leather folder with his resumes and recruiting stuff. After searching the apartment he looked in his car and it wasn't there. The look on his face was priceless when he realized he threw it out last night in the dumpster by accident. Lucky for him it was still there and extra lucky for him he has a fabulous wife who hopped in to get it for him. Matt held open the lid and I dove in head first and was able to grab it. He was a gentleman and held the lid open for me.
What a day!! I can't wait to see how the rest turns out.
Thursday, December 6, 2007
1. Weather Woman, "It is going to warm up today to 15 degrees." (did she really say WARM UP?)
2. "Would Matt be willing to be Santa this year at the ward Christmas party?" (luckily someone else actually did want to be Santa so Matt is off the hook)
3. "The tow truck will be there within the hour." (Loving that I got in Matt's car and it wouldn't start.)
Sunday, December 2, 2007
Tonight we hosted at the Creche Exhibit at our church. There were over 1,000 nativities displayed using almost every room available. We held sacrament meeting in our homes. It was so amazing to see all the different countries nativities and how they interpret what things looked like. In case you are wondering what it means to host.... Pretty much we got to wear buttons that said host and just stand there and look busy so the cute (but a little intense) older ladies didn't come over and give us more directions.
We had a flashback moment to whole foods when two nights ago when Matt ran up the Kroger for some milk and a few other items. He calls on his way home to say he was in the check out line and realized he didn't have his wallet. Sweet. He came home got it and went back for our food.