Sunday, December 2, 2007

Creche Exhibit





Tonight we hosted at the Creche Exhibit at our church. There were over 1,000 nativities displayed using almost every room available. We held sacrament meeting in our homes. It was so amazing to see all the different countries nativities and how they interpret what things looked like. In case you are wondering what it means to host.... Pretty much we got to wear buttons that said host and just stand there and look busy so the cute (but a little intense) older ladies didn't come over and give us more directions.





4 comments:

Jess Perry said...

I love those sorts of displays. There are always the neatest nativities and they are one of the things I love most at Christmas!

It's Been a Day! said...

let's be honest, a 25 minute sacrament meeting in your own apartment, and hosting a great exhibit. that's a great sunday.

meredith said...

I am going to make myself a button that says host so everywhere I go people think I am the host.

Then I will make a tv show out of it by having cameras following me and when someone asks me a "host question" someone will jump out an yell "got you!" hilarious.

The exhibit looks fantastic.

Kelly said...

I remember the time before everyone had email and personal computers that lol stood for little old ladies. lol. I can picture them taking pride in their jurisdiction over the duties of host training.

That's a really cool event. How did it work to have Sacrament in homes?