Sunday, December 2, 2007

Charge it

About two years ago, Matt and I decided to go to Whole Foods for dinner. We were really excited as it was fairly new to Austin and it was huge and we had heard such great things about it. We drove about 20 or so minutes to get there, walked in and had no idea what to do. There were so many choices and everything looked so good. Finally we made our choice. I went with different salads and had it all wrapped up in a container and Matt had gotten a plate full of steak and mac and cheese. We get up the counter to pay and she gives us the total. We both look at each other and realize at the same time that neither of us had our wallets. I usually carry a purse with my wallet inside, but decided not to this time since Matt always (well, I guess not always) has his. We both just stood there unsure of what to do. It's not like we could just put our stuff back. It was all served up and ready to eat. We just set it down and got out of there as fast as we could.

We had a flashback moment to whole foods when two nights ago when Matt ran up the Kroger for some milk and a few other items. He calls on his way home to say he was in the check out line and realized he didn't have his wallet. Sweet. He came home got it and went back for our food.

6 comments:

aniC said...

"since Matt always (well, I guess not always) has his".....purse?

It's Been a Day! said...

it's a man purse, shaniqua. after seeing joey on friends carry one, matt thought it was the cool thing!!

maybe you guys should start setting up some type of "tab" with the local stores in case this continues to happen.

Jess said...

That has happened to me before too... at Walmart. My stomach dropped when I couldn't find my wallet and all my stuff was almost in the bags. And of course there was a long line behind me (it's Walmart). Luckily I just had Katelyn with me at the time and my wallet was just in my car. But I had to make a mad dash for my wallet before I had angry customers running me down.
The whole foods story cracks me up.

Kelly said...

Oh, how frustrating. The 20 minute drive back and forth would hardly be worth it. I have been giving my daughter my credit card to run errands for me now that she's a licensed driver. I'm paranoid that I'll be out shopping sometime and not remember to get it back. Maybe your story will help. Thanks!

aniC said...

thanks for explaining paige. i assumed thats what it was.
when i worked at a grocery store (in high school) i had several people who would inform me after i was almost done with their groceries inform me that they didn't have their form of payment on hand. it does stink. but luckily i always have my purse with me.

Gina said...

Too bad... what happened to the days of "put it on my tab?" We need to bring that back.