Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Head First

Today Rocks! I got up, went to the gym, hit the Meijer (like a wal-mart), went to Target, ran into Joanns and got home all before 9:15am. Matt doesn't have class today so he was able to be home with Blake. It was so nice to do errands by myself.

Since Matt stayed home later than he usually would, I told him I would drive him to campus. As we were walking out the door he couldn't find his leather folder with his resumes and recruiting stuff. After searching the apartment he looked in his car and it wasn't there. The look on his face was priceless when he realized he threw it out last night in the dumpster by accident. Lucky for him it was still there and extra lucky for him he has a fabulous wife who hopped in to get it for him. Matt held open the lid and I dove in head first and was able to grab it. He was a gentleman and held the lid open for me.

What a day!! I can't wait to see how the rest turns out.




8 comments:

greg & allyson said...

oh man, that is great. i hate dumpsters, which is why when i sliced my finger open on the lid of one last week i wanted to cut my finger off. i figure getting some incurable disease would be more painful than losing one finger. the glass would still be 9/10ths full for me. megan, i'm proud of you for letting go of any inhibitions and diving in. i hope someone was watching and is posting about it on their blog. haha.

Gina said...

Megs, you are a trouper to dive in for him. Remember when you helped fish my dorm room keys out of the sewer? You are just awesome like that. Glad you got some alone time today!!

It's Been a Day! said...

i can't believe you got all dressed up and still had time to get all that stuff done!!

were you able to get some stuff for dinner while in the dumpster?

Steph said...

you go girl --- so proud of you for jumping in the trash!!! I hung out with your bro and sis-in-law at their house. we had a blast --- they are super cool.....what could i expect since they are related to you! anyways, hope the rest of the day was even better!

aniC said...

i'm so impressed with you right now. and i know thats important to you.

aniC said...

dear megs,
i took my blog private, but don't have your email to send you an invitation to view it now. so...if you try to go to my site, a thing will show up for you to send me an email. just do that. just wanted to let you know.
sincerely,
shaniqua

Jess said...

You ARE the best wife ever! I love when I get a chance to run errands by myself. It is amazing how much you can accomplish is such a short amount of time when you don't have to get kids in and out of the car.

Kelly said...

What a crack up! I swear I have psychic powers. The comment I left two post after this one, I said, "at least you didn't have to go dumster diving!" and I was thinking that would have been so disgusting. A moment later, I'm seeing that you did, for something else. I think you should stop being such a clean freak and let you trash hang around a little longer. Then you won't have to dig through it when you misplace something. (my tip for the day)