Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Keep your seatbelts fastened until the Captain has turned off the seatbelt sign


On my way to my visiting teaching interview today, I had a little bit of car trouble. We had some snow today and the church parking lot had not been plowed. As I turn into the lot, I lost total control of the car, went right over the curb and was headed straight for the parked car. I swerved only to realize that I would now hit a tree. I don't know how it happened, but I missed both and we made it on time for the interview. I went back later to take pictures of my tracks. I am so grateful that everything worked out!!

12 comments:

meredith said...

Really funny. For some reason this reminded me of full house. Thanks DJ for the laugh.

Missy said...

I'm so glad you got a picture of those tracks; I still can't believe how close you were and nothing happened! And all in the name of a visiting teaching interview ... :)

Corinne said...

close call megs! glad it turned out okay!

Steph said...

That is VERY lucky....guess it might have something to do with the fact you were doing something related to church....true blessings come with service i say. anyhow, i am back to blogging, after my long hiatus, and have posted something pretty big for us....
xoxoxo

Jess Perry said...

Too close for comfort. You be careful little lady! You are so lucky! What a big blessing!!

~* Allen Family *~ said...

Wow...that was close. I'm glad you were being watched over today!

S. Gibson said...

That is such a scary feeling! I'm glad that you didn't get hurt. I don't like driving in the snow. Yuck.

It's Been a Day! said...

this looks pretty bad. was blake wanting more of a fun ride so you decided to take him on one?

Katie said...

That's scary! I'm so glad you guys didn't have an accident!

Kelly said...

You were doing the right thing, and your prayers for the day to be safe, were clearly answered! WOOhoo!

Amy said...

Ugh! I'm so glad I live in sunny, beautiful, warm AZ! I don't envy you this time of year!

Amy said...

Ugh! I'm so glad I live in sunny, beautiful, warm AZ! I don't envy you this time of year!