Thursday, January 31, 2008

Three things I appreciate about President Gordon B. Hinckley


1. His Optimism. His attitude was always one of hope and encouragement.

2. His Devotion and Love for his wife. They were such an example of how to treat your spouse with love, kindness and respect.

3. His Humility. His efforts to be better, make me want to be better. From his closing remarks in the October 2002 conference "I, for one, have made a stronger resolution within myself to be a better person than I have been in the past. I hope that I will be a little kinder to any I meet who may be in distress. I hope that I will be a little more helpful to those who are in need. I hope that I will be a little more worthy of your confidence. I hope that I will be a better husband, a better father and grandfather. I hope that I will be a better neighbor and friend. I hope that I will be a better Latter-day Saint, with an increased understanding of the wonderful aspects of this glorious gospel."

4 comments:

Paul said...

Amen to all of that.

Joyce said...

Thanks Megan. I love hearing the tributes you "youngsters", who grew up with Pres. Hinckley as the prophet, have given.

Jess said...

I love that quote and all the other things you said, so true!

Greg and Tammy said...

Megan - so glad you found our blog!! And OF COURSE I remember you - silly. Glad to have you on the WW train with me - you'll have to give me lots of your wisdom and advice so that I can get super healthy! :) I'm gonna add you as a buddy so that I can stalk you more. Have a great day and BTW, great comments on Pres. Hinckley!