1. Pike's Market. I love this place. I am such a fan of outdoor markets. I feel like such a local and even though on most trips I didn't buy things I love to walk through and see all the great stuff.
2. Walking. I know my family is thinking "yeah right" since I whined all summer about not having a car, but overall it was fun to live in a place where you can do so many things within walking distance. A car would have been a nice addition don't get me wrong, but I will miss having access to so much.
3. The library. The Seattle library is amazing. I love it. Blake finished the summer reading program and got his free book today. We went twice a week most weeks for story time and Blake really got the hang of the routine.
4. The maid Service. Does this really need an explanation.
5. The water. It has been really fun to live surrounded by water. It is beautiful here and luckily we had really pretty views from where we live.
6. Friends. We have made some fun friends while we lived here at church, at our apartment and at work. We didn't expect to meet so many great people in such a short time, but it has been wonderful.
7. The Lusty Lady. While I have never been inside, but billboards are my favorite. This week in honor of the Olympics they read, All Perfect Tens and The Pole Vault. So Classy. I am glad we have been neighbors all summer.
Things I will not miss about Seattle:
1. Not having an A/C.
2. Not having a car.
3. Not having a big grocery store.
4. Our mattress.
5. The super small washer and dryer that has ruined many of our clothes.
6. The bus. I am taking back all sorts of memories of the bus, but glad to be leaving it behind.
I am glad the first list is longer than the second (even if it was the Lusty Lady that put list one to seven things)!! Thank you Seattle for a great summer. Thank you to all of you that have been supportive all summer and a HUGE thank you to all those that have visited. All the visits came at the perfect time and we can't believe how many people were in our neck of the woods. All I can say now is, East Coast Time here I come. I can't wait.