Monday, August 27, 2007

Who's weaning who??


My little sister Meredith is dying right now because I used the word "weaning" in my title. Seriously though, Blake tossed us a curve ball this last week and Matt and I are still a bit dazed. From the beginning Blake took quickly to "Mr. Binks" (thanks for the name Grandma Jan) Matt and I were unsure if we even wanted him to take a pacifier, but we quickly learned what a life saver it can be. Matt and I have said that at one year we will take the Bink away even if it was tough. Blake is one step ahead of us. This last week he has decided he no longer has a need for the bink. Matt and I are scrambling. What happened to our baby. He is not sleeping well, he is grumpy, and now NO BINK!! I think he must be teething. I AM NOT READY TO GIVE UP THE BINK. So Blake if you are reading this, Please please please take the bink back for two and half more months and then give it up like we all planned!

3 comments:

meredith said...

Some of us are just not weaners...you know?

merathon said...

again-- just trying to help you guys out. just like with the solid foods, he thinks you guys are trying to make things too difficult. blake obviously sees the simplicity of a solid-free, binky-free life. . . it's just you and matt that have the problem! :)

so how is the solid food thing going, by the way? i was hoping that all that talk of reinventing (that i'm sure he overhead) would inspire him. no one in michigan knew who he was, so he had a clean slate where he could just be an eating fool and no one would know he hadn't been that way for months!

Gina said...

The only way to do it is to get him attached to something else, that later you will just have to take away. So good luck with that.