Wednesday, October 31, 2007

I won't tell if you won't tell

So, I kind of reached a low point today. For the first week that we lived in our apartment I could not figure out this noise I would hear all day and even into the night. FINALLY, one day I looked out the window and figured out what it was. Stolen Grocery Carts. People bring the carts home from the Kroger and then just leave them in the apartment yard. People use them all the time and they make the most annoying noise as they are driven back and forth from the parking lot to people's apartments. I for one have never wanted to use them and am a little embarrassed when I see others using them.


Well today I did a major grocery shop. I had to shop for my Halloween party, play group tomorrow and pick up lots of other things after being gone for a week. I pride myself in making one trip from the car with Blake and my groceries despite how much I have. Today I just didn't have it in me. Can goods were on sale, so cut me a little slack. I went and found me a cart and gosh darn it, I LIKED IT!!










8 comments:

~* Allen Family *~ said...

The story was great but that picture just tops it off...I love it!

Kelly said...

That is such a crack up. You're a criminal now, Megan!

Katie said...

That is too funny! You go girl! LOL

Corinne said...

Whatever makes life a little easier - I would be all over those carts!!!

Gina said...

Me too! I'm glad you have swallowed your pride and are following the crowd. :) Way to go. That's really funny.

meredith said...

While I appreciate people saying "you go girl!" I think they are missing the point. One trip megan just gave up her title. Sad day.

Only kidding Meggie. I would have used the cart from the get go. Glad something is there to help you out since I can't be. I love you.

greg & allyson said...

when we lived next to macey's in provo, we did it all the time. the sad part is when you finally have "your cart". don't get too attached megan.

It's Been a Day! said...

if i were you, i would be keeping the cart in my house. do you realize how valuable that would be for me? ok, not hauling it up the flight of stairs, but i'm thinking about walking to heb this morning to pick me up one of those.