Sunday, October 21, 2007

We took a day trip to Kirtland yesterday with some friends. I did not realize until we got there exactly how much church history happened in Kirtland. We spent the day seeing the sights and had a great time. We did have a few minor mishaps in the Newel K. Whitney store. Matt tried to put Blake on his shoulders only to hit Blake's head on the ceiling (during the tour I might add, not at all awkward). Then upstairs in Joseph Smith's office where there are signs posted all over to "Please Don't Touch", Blake places the death grip on one of the chairs in the display and won't let go and almost knocks it over. I think we made a lasting impression. It was so fun and here are some pictures to show you a few things.

Outside the Kirtland Temple
Kirtland Temple
Inside the Whitney Store with Blake and friend Missy
Outside the store. A quick shout out to Matt's Grandparents who served a mission here.

Blake enjoying the car ride. He was a trooper.

10 comments:

~* Allen Family *~ said...

I miss that little guy and seeing pictures of him doesn't help (but don't stop posting them!). I can't wait to see you guys in a couple of weeks :)

S. Gibson said...

That looks amazing! I have always wanted to go there. I love the look on Blake's face inside the store...I think he is trying to decide what he is going to touch next.

meredith said...

Great outfit for blakester. And TEETH! I can't believe it.

It's Been a Day! said...

He's so big. I can't beleive it! I got the same pants for Tyson but in blue. I wish i looked as good in them as he did. Glad it was a fun time.

Corinne said...

Sounds like a good time...I'm lovin Blakes teeth!

Jess said...

That is so neat that you can go and see Kirtland in a day. Blake is such a cute kid!

Kelly said...

That little Blake is a cutie. I love his carseat pose. So sweet. That sounds like an interesting day too. It's on my list of places to visit.

Mac and Starr said...

Great pictures! I can't believe how big Blake has gotten..it's only been a couple of months! You look great as well!

Jess Perry said...

I love that last picture of Blake and his two little teeth. What a cutie!!

KESLER KREW...Cami said...

Meg - Looks like a great trip...I luv the picture perfect blus sky behind the temple! Your blog is great! Luv Cami