Monday, February 11, 2008

Bibs, we don't need no stinkin' bibs

My thought before feeding Blake lunch, "He doesn't need a bib. I am going to feed him his tortellini with red sauce (seriously Megan, red sauce = bib) with a fork. Green peas are not messy. How bad will this small strawberry be? How wet can his shirt get with his water?"

Well, after about 15 minutes, here is what Blake managed to do with his lunch. Love him. I am sure you are all thinking, just put the bib on. I normally do, but it was at the bottom of my freshly clean dishes on the drying rack. I really didn't want to dig it out. Anyone else feeling a little lazy?
Can you see the berries all over his pants. In my defense, we would have needed a body bib to have avoided that spill. How does he manage to get it all over his pants??
This was how I found Blake drinking his milk this morning.

On a different note, anyone watching Survivor this season. We just watched the first episode with some friends and loved it. I am excited about how it all plays out.

6 comments:

It's Been a Day! said...

yeah, we aren't bib people either. they would be a lot cheaper to wash than buying new shirts since we have stained a lot of ours! now, avery just goes naked to eat. it's usually the way i like to eat as well!!

Steph said...

this made me feel good because i feel lazy ALL the time now. It is really frustrating for me, not that i wasn't lazy before, but now it has gotten worse. I love the spills --- and the previous post about blake -- somtime i wish i could just be him sipping my drink on the couch and watching tv, with no cares in the world (that is so funny you craved rootbeer - i normally don't like it, except with pizza and sometimes popcorn) but that was fun!!!!
xoxoxo

Michelle said...

We don't really use bibs either. David is pretty much filthy at the end of every day so I figure what's a little bit more food, I have to wash it anyway? Maybe it's lazy but I prefer to call it efficient.

Liz said...

Watch out! when Isaac was younger I didn't put a bib on him sometimes, and then he wouls just refuse it and tear it off. Now he eats naked, or the Shout bottle is within hands reach.

Corinne said...

Bibs are a pain...Kate is a fan of the smock! I wish someone would feed me tortellini and strawberries.

Kelly said...

You're right...one little bib wouldn't have done the trick.

Yes, I am a HUGE Survivor fan and am really thrilled about this season. I think it's going to be good and am glad that JF is already gone because I don't care for him, even if he was being genuine about missing his fiance and unborn baby.