Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Go Blue

I finally finished my quilt squares for my Michigan Quilt. Eight friends and I got together and are each making a quilt square having something to do with living in Ann Arbor. Each person makes 9 and then we will exchange them so our quilt will have nine different quilt blocks. I did the Michigan M. Check it out.

Back (so you can see how it is pieced together)
Front
Here is Blake with his new favorite toy, the Ikea bag. These pictures were taken last weekend, but he had it out again today. He puts it over his head and runs around. Today he ran right into the table leg and fell over. I couldn't help but laugh because it looked like something from a cartoon.

13 comments:

Mary said...

I like that quilt idea, your square looks so great.

Jess Perry said...

Look how awesome you are. Way to go. I love it!

It's Been a Day! said...

very impressive megs. Looks very professional. I think you will make your mother in law very proud.

maybe you should carry around blake in the ikdea bag like christian was on project runway! that would make me laugh!!

meredith said...

THAT IS NOT A TOY!!

Great quilt megs! Real impressive.

jan said...

Meredith beat me to it! It's not a toy! You really are an amazing little homemaker. So glad I taught you all those things before you got married. mom

merathon said...

wow-- i'm speechless. the only quilt squares i've been able to try are ones that are all perfect squares pieced together! yours actually takes some real effort!

i love those blake pictures. what a cutie. i can't believe how big he's getting. and how come everyone comments on your blog but not mine? what's your secret?

Cara said...

That is a very impressive square!

Barb: said...

Looks great! I'm still laughing about how we couldn't figure out why the corners of the M didn't match how we thought they should at the top! Next time I'm puzzled about something, I'll just have to call Tiffany over.

By they way, I love your Thursday three idea.

Michelle said...

Great square! I bet it feels great to have them done.

mama bear said...

Looks great, I'm proud of you!

Amy said...

Very clever idea. Your M looks really good and I'm impressed. If I make any friends in Tucson, I should see if we could all try doing a Tucson quilt. Not! There aren't that many things noteworthy about that place to make a quilt about it. Love Blake's new toy, by the way. Very safe and responsible.

Katie said...

WOW! Those look awesome!! I can't wait to see your finished quilt.

Kelly said...

What a fun idea. I like your M. I can't wait to see your quilt when you're done.