Seattle is shaping up to be pretty good. We got our first big shop out of the way and it only took 4 trips to get it all up to the 12th floor. Everything takes a little extra thought logistically, but we made it and it was great to get it out of the way.
Here are a few features we are loving about the apartment.
1. CARPET!! Don't get me wrong, I love hardwood floors, even though I am not sure you can really classify our floors as hardwood in Ann Arbor. Carpet is wonderful!!
2. The bathroom mirror is a skinny mirror. I leave there feeling super cute and super skinny. We also have two bathrooms! Bonus.
3. Garbage shoot. It is right down the hall making it super convenient for diapers and trash.
4. Blake's closet is big enough to be his new play room. He loves it.
5. The shower makes me feel like a giant (seeing how tall I am, it takes a lot to make me feel that way) It is a very shallow tub so I feel like I could just hop over the shower rod. Very funny.
Here are some things we are loving about Seattle.
1. The best grilled cheese and mac and cheese I think I have ever had.
2. Pikes Market. It is just a block away and we have been three times. Great for fresh produce and meats and seafood. I am glad it is so close.
3. The public library. We have our library cards and have checked out books. I feel like a native already.
4. The bus. I did it. I rode the bus and I think I can do it again. They don't come as often as I like so sometimes walking it just faster, but it is going to work out just fine.
5. Church. Church was great today and I think we are going to find we are needed to serve and it will be a great way to get involved.
Check back for more adventures.