Friday, May 9, 2008

Thursday Three

We have only been gone 24 hours, but here are Three Things I miss about Ann Arbor

1. My body pillow.
2. Our car.
3. My sleep.  With the three hour time difference Blake was up bright and early this morning.

With that said, Seattle IS going to be great.  We had a super easy travel day yesterday and made it all the way here with five bags, a car seat, two carry ons, and a stroller.  Our new place is great and even has a dishwasher.  Talk about fancy!!  

I'll admit I am a little scared to start getting around the city.  Riding the bus makes me more nervous than you would think, but I am going to do it.  Getting set up for 14 weeks will be a little hard with no car and stores I am unfamiliar with, but that will make the challenge more interesting.  I have already spotted a Ross and a Bed Bath and Beyond so we are on our way.  

Blake is already making friends.  We had one nice man already stop us on the street to tell us how he was enjoying Blake's "noise."  If you have not been around Blake before he loves to chatter, yell and express himself. Most of the time he is happy and wants everyone to know what he is thinking.  Seattle is not going to know what hit it!!

Our apartment is very close to the Red Robin so I figure if I get lost, I will sniff out the bottomless fries and find my way home.

9 comments:

Missy said...

miss you already! i think i could be talked into moving to seattle if all the apartments have dishwashers...

jan said...

I am amazed at how kind people have been as I have tried to maneuver around NYC. Everyone is very willing to answer questions about the subway and sometimes you get two different answers, but you usually will find willing helpers. A new city is always a great adventure and when you need to have a taste of home, the Red Robin is there to provide the comfort. love you, mom

merathon said...

now we're just waiting for the pictures! glad you made it there okay!

amydear said...

Have a great summer! You'll love being able to zip all over the city and explore. Maybe we'll run into yu when we're up there for the 4th of July. And I can always go for a Red Robin burger.

Heather said...

I can't believe you've only been gone for two days, getting my mail just isn't the same! I can't wait to see/hear about all of the cool things you'll do. Andy is making sure your cars don't get lonely in your absence by parking them next to each other :).

It's Been a Day! said...

glad you made it safely. i wish you were here so i could hear blake's "noise"!!

and a dishwasher? will you ever want to leave!! hope you got a car today and got some groceries. if not, i hope you at least got some fries.

merathon said...

yes-- the DISHWASHER! i remember feeling like we were living it up in our internship apartment because we had walk-in closets and TWO full bathrooms! what luxury! (we don't even have walk-in closets NOW!) enjoy the "hotel" life!

Leslie said...

Oh man I miss it. Seattle is my home! go to the Ivars on the warf. good sea food but best of all Blake would have a blast feeding the seagulls. hold up a fry and they will swoop down from the sky and take it right out of your hand. :) seattle science center is fun to but the aquarium is really fun.

Katie said...

You will LOVE Seattle!! I miss it. It's the best city to go around in. Wait till you go to the 3 story Old Navy down town. Down town is awesome. I'll be up that way this summer-I'll have to get in touch with you. Enjoy the NW for me!! Sigh, I miss my home.