Tuesday, May 27, 2008

You must be joking

My friend Jenn was kind enough to let me tag along to swim lessons with her family so I could shop at the Albertsons across the street.  I didn't have enough to justify a delivery but still have enough that I needed a full size store, which they don't have downtown yet, so I jumped at the chance.  

On the way home she dropped me off in the parking garage and I got to the elevator and they were not working!  WHAT AM I GOING TO DO??  I have Blake, my big blue Ikea bag full of groceries, and a gallon of milk.  With frozens and meat needing to get in the fridge I made the dreaded walk to the stairs.  I did 12 flights of stairs carrying everything.  Blake knows how to do stairs, but it would have taken forever to get all the way to the top.  I am not sure if I will ever stop sweating or if my calfs will be the same again.

Days like today I dream of a garage!!

10 comments:

Growin' Like Weeds said...

My legs are buning for you also. Wow, it's going to be a long summer:)

Growin' Like Weeds said...

I meant burning!!!

Team Covey said...

completely unfair! I'm sure you can laugh about it now, but 12 flights?? i bet it felt like a HORRIBLE practical joke. this is what complaint letters to the management are made of...

It's Been a Day! said...

i'm always dreaming about a garage. and your story reminds me of that will and grace episode where karen and jack have to walk up like 60 flights carrying a cake. a very funny episode. i'm glad you got up ok. i hope they got it fixed very quickly.

Jess Perry said...

oh I am tired for you...12 flights?

Byron and Tara said...

Oh my goodness!!! Not cool.

Liz said...

I'm so sorry for you! I guess you don't need to work out for a week now. Just remember that you have a cleaning lady and you can lay on your couch while she cleans your toilet!

mama bear said...

that's a bummer. how many times did you have to go up and down?

Kelly said...

Well, at least you have an awesome apartment with a nice bright view. Maybe you should go out for meals more now to avoid carrying in groceries.

A garage would be nice though. Some day.

Kimberly said...

That is one of those horrible "you've got to be kidding me" moments! I love it! Looks like you guys are having lots of fun!