Thursday, July 10, 2008

Mrs. Pigs Bulk Buy

Well, I had another issue with Costco.  (If you remember back a few months this is not my first bad experience, read here).  I rented a car for two hours on Monday so I could go stock up our kitchen again after being in Utah for a week.  I was so excited to have a car and even more excited to go to Costco!!  I pull up at 9:30am having made good time with a bonus of not getting lost only to remember that Costco opens late and that my membership doesn't let me in until 11:00am.  Some people may have taken a moment to think about what to do next.   I took a different route.  Tears.  Lots of Tears.  After three calls to Matt and my mom I decide to go up to the door and see if they will let me shop despite the fact that I am only a gold star member.  I got myself together and even though my face was red and blotchy I had stopped crying long enough to explain my situation.  The sweet lady told me I could go ahead and shop.  I almost hugged her.  I go to thank her and I can't help the tears that start streaming down my face.  

So, you might be thinking, Was it worth making a fool of myself just to shop at Costco?  As I had my really delicious strawberries I got for less than $2 a pound after dinner, you bet it was!!

4 comments:

merathon said...

thank goodness for saints like that woman who could just tell you really needed her to let you in! i also hope you got the frozen yogurt berry sundae, cuz THAT does not disappoint either!

~* Allen Family *~ said...

Oh Megan....I'm so sorry to hear about the drama! I'm sure you will look back at this day and laugh about it. It's these types of events that make me question why we were made to be so emotional. Good thing the person at the entrance to Costco was one of "us" and not one fo "them" or you may have had a different outcome ;)

Kelly said...

I am so happy that you got in to do whatyou wanted to do, but I have a huge problem with this whole membership shopping thing, and how horrible the hours are. It seems kind of communist or something. I have had a membership to Costco before and also to Sam's, but I don't really get it. I'm glad that there was someone that used some common sense and human decency to let you shop anyway.

The Bergmans said...

I loved your honesty in describing the 'pulled together but still blotchy-faced', look! I somehow convince myself that I'm okay and can keep control of my emotions, and then...a nice person, (read anything positive or negative) within 5 minutes will send out the tears squad! Thanks for sharing!