Saturday, May 9, 2009

Knock three times on the window if you want me


We got the best seats in the house on our flight across the country, all the way in the back right next to the bathrooms. Luckily our seats still reclined, but there is something disturbing about waking up from a little snooze only to find a man looming over you while he waits for his turn in the bathroom.

I did over hear this while in our prime seats:
Steward:  Are you okay in there?
Person in the bathroom: Silence
Steward: Are you okay in there?  Just give me a quick knock if you are okay?
Person in the bathroom: Silence
Steward:  Just a quick knock so I know you're okay.  

 I am so glad that I was not on either end of that conversation.  I was a little worried that he might ask me to be back up if he had to go in there.  We are getting settled and hoping Blake will adjust to our new time zone and stop waking up so early. 

8 comments:

Amy said...

Did you pay extra for those seats:) jk. that made me laugh so hard! good luck with everything!

It's Been a Day! said...

this made me laugh. i hate the seats by the bathroom. we usually get them since we have kids and it's louder back there, but let's just say - it's never fun when those bathroom doors finally open after a few minutes of someone being there.

mama bear said...

Yikes! So what I really want to know was... did they knock back? Love that picture of Blakers!

Unknown said...

Ha! Ha! Megan, you crack me up!!! That is so funny! We love you guys, glad you made it there safely! Tiff

Janel said...

Oh man, that is funny! Good luck with the house hunting. I am sure you will find something you guys love.

Amy said...

Did it stink back there? We got the last row by the bathroom recently and it got stinky by the end of the flight. Not so pleasant.

What I want to know is how you managed a "little snooze" on the flight with a two year old around.

Stapletons said...

We had the unfortunate experience of the airline booking us in the back of the plane ON PURPOSE, because we had a kid. The reasoning was "no one wants to sit back there, so maybe there will be an extra seat for your son." Not only were their empty seats in the FRONT, and NOT on our row, but we were by the bathroooms too!
Hello! Can't you just look and see where there is an open seat lady???
Oh well...at least you made it there without having to look in the john for the person MIA. :)

Angie said...

How funny. Good luck with all of your new adventures!