Thursday, September 3, 2009

Thursday Three - Comfort food

You know how people say if you don't laugh, you'll cry. Well, today I chose crying. Sometimes it is just the better choice. Here are three other things that cheered me up today.

1. Scooby Snacks. So glad I froze some from my last batch. There are so many reasons that I am happy that I married Matt, but a big one is that his brother Todd introduced me to scoobs.

2. Blake. Do you see those pictures below? Enough said.

3. Naps. You know the kind I am talking about. The get your jammies back on, slide under the covers, snuggle up even though you know you should do the dishes kind of nap.

Everyone has bad days. I am sure tomorrow will be better. But just in case there are more scoobs in the freezer.

Here are some pictures from our hike last weekend. We are not so much campers and even hiking is not always high on our list, but we heard this hike was fun. Blake loved it. For the next two days he just wanted to go back and "climb the mountain." If I got to ride on Matt's shoulders the whole way then I might like "climbing the mountain" a whole lot more.



8 comments:

It's Been a Day! said...

scoobs are enough to cheer anyone up! glad you had some. looks like you guys need to get some seattle sweatshirts!

sorry it was a rough day. tomorrow - dance like no one is watching. and megs, i hope you dance. you go girl.

Unknown said...

I am not sure what "Scubs" are, but if you could pass on the recipe that would be great.

I am sorry you had a bad day. I hope things will go better for you.

Love the hikes in the Pacific Northwest. They were so flat and beautiful.

Laura said...

I wish I could have been there to eat Scoobs with you and maybe even make you laugh. Where was your hike? It looks familiar.....

mama bear said...

I'm so proud of you for hiking! I know you don't like the outdoors much:). I hope the scooby snacks helped, and I hope that today is better. Wish I could send my shoulder for you to cry on!

Whitney said...

I'm so sorry you had a bad day! If you want to discuss it anymore give me a call or e-mail. If ever there is a snack involved, my mood is boosted for sure!! Blake sure is cute. That hike looks likes fun!

Dave and Stephanie said...

love the pictures and want the details of what a scooby snack is

Amy said...

Too bad we don't live near by. I could've come over with my tube top. I'll leave the rest up to your imagination. I'm glad you found some things to cheer you up.

The hike looks so beautiful. I thought Matt would've ridden on your shoulders.

Corinne said...

you look a little too good to have just climbed a mountain. bad days suck...glad you have Blake and scoobs to cheer you up!