Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Swim lessons

Blake just started swimming lessons. My only real hope for the lessons is that he would at least get in the water as that seems to be our biggest problem when it comes to the pool. And seeing as you can't learn anything else until you actually GET IN, I figured this was a logical first step.

On day one of lessons I got Blake all pumped up. He was so excited until I told him he was going to get wet. His reply, "I don't want to get wet." Awesome, I can see this is going to go well.

We just had lesson five today and things are actually going great. He gets in, kicks, blows bubbles and I even had to do a Bay Watch save when Blake slowly started sinking to the bottom and the teacher didn't notice. Not only was I the big hero but Blake is under the impression that he "swam by himself" and could not be more proud of him accomplishment.





12 comments:

Gina said...

Hope you had on your Pamela Anderson bikini for the baywatch save.
Way to go blake though- that is serious progress from not even wanting to get wet!

It's Been a Day! said...

love the look of that last picture. I'M SAILING!

where did he get that amazing swimsuit?

he will have to give Ty and Avery a few pointers this summer.

Kelly said...

It's not even Thursday three, and you just barely posted something. You're such an obedient child to heed your dad's advice.

Yay for Blake!

jan said...

You have made your dad so happy---thank you! I loved the image of the "Bay Watch Save." Thanks for making me laugh so early in the morning.

Unknown said...

The slow motion run, with that red life saving thing in your hand has made my whole day. Thanks for that.

meredith said...

Did you jump in with your clothes on? I kept thinking about you sitting there in wet clothes.

Also, blake is looking a little chubby...

mama bear said...

Wow, you are my hero! Pamela Anderson, watch out - there's a new lifeguard in town!

Amy said...

Very cute. I'm glad it's all going so well. I wish I could've seen you do the Baywatch rescue. We're you wearing that scandelous red swimsuit they all wore? Be sure to have it at the reunion.

jamie said...

i think little boys in their miniature board shorts are absolutely adorable. nice work, blake. we all know that you can swim now.

Corinne said...

Looks like a total success. I love the last picture...you are right - our boys do look similar...they clearly got their good looks from their mothers. Let's chat this week.

Anna and Jon said...

So I've tried 3 times to come up with something witty, but everything sounds dumb. And I think there have been enough references to P.A. Maybe David Hasselhoff???

Greg and Tammy said...

Thanks for the post on my blog. I appreciate the comment. And congrats on the swimming success!! I had Emma in some lessons last summer and she was the "failing" student of the group. Awesome.