Thursday, October 30, 2008

Thursday Three


I really don't like road trips, but thought we should see some of the East Coast while we are living here. Matt had fall break so we hopped in the car, packed up lots of treats, toys and music and headed to Niagara Falls and Palmyra, NY. We had a great time. Blake was a super star in the car making the trip very enjoyable.

Three fun things were did on our vacation.


1. Niagara Falls. We saw the Canadian side and the American side.


2. Palmyra, NY. We were able to go the Sacred Grove, The Hill Cumorah and the publishing site of the Book of Mormon. All three were very interesting and we each learned a few new things. I am so glad we were able to see these sacred places.
We had to give Blake a mini candy bar to keep him quiet during our walk through the Sacred Grove. Do you think he liked it?


3. Eating. We were laughing as we found ourselves taking pictures at all the places we ate. We found a couple really fun restaurants/diners.

15 comments:

Christy said...

sounds like a fun trip megs! when i saw these pictures it totally made me miss you guys!

Kelly said...

Oh, those are some great places. I've always wanted to go to each of them and have not done so yet. Thanks for posting about it.

Angie said...

What a fantastic trip! That's awesome that Blake was so good in the car and made it enjoyable!

mama bear said...

I'm glad you had such a fun trip, and I think you went at the perfect time with all the fall colors!

Janel said...

Looks like you guys had fun! I especially love the picture of you guys at the sacred grove...absolutely beautiful!!

Unknown said...

Meeegan-

So happy about your blog. I am so glad you found mine because I lost my link to yours and I have been meaning to email you to get it back, but then I lost all my email addresses due to a computer crash.

Long story short your blog makes me so happy. Keep up the good work.

It's Been a Day! said...

oh. thanks rob. i'm the one who passed on the blog link and i get nothing? i've even commented on his before. lame.

anyway. with the toys, treats and music, you and matt were entertained. what did blake have? jk. looks like a great trip. I have only been there in the summer and it was pretty, but Brent says there is nothing compared to the northeast in the fall and wants to go back so badly. Glad you got to see it at a great time of year.

Steph said...

How fun...i didn't know you hated road trips...i love them - but glad you enjoyed it and got to go to those amazing places. I love LOVE the sacred grove! However, i could do without ever seeing the Hill Cumorah pageant again - maybe just seeing the hill cumorah would be fine, but the pageant is very long and boring, and it got old having to fight the protestors! If you want to come more east you can always stay with us in VA!

Michelle said...

What a fun trip! It is fun to be close to so many destinations in the East!

Liz said...

What a fun trip. Something we still need to do before we check out of Michigan. Glad to see you blogging again. I was going to have to email and check to make sure you were still alive but I guess you have just been traveling!

Jess said...

The pictures are so beautiful. I love the east coast in the fall. Glad you had a fun trip.

meredith said...

i miss you guys.

Team Covey said...

Those are such tender pictures of you guys with Blake. He is a photogenic kiddo. Seems like a fantastic trip. I'm proud of you for jumping into it and doing it.

Anna and Jon said...

I'm so glad you got to do that. And I love your red coat.

Amy said...

Looks like so much fun! I'm glad you got to go see all those places. And for me, food is VERY important and we took lots of pics of us eating out on our trip to IN. I love eating out.