Monday, November 10, 2008

My Two Dads

Today is Blake's birthday!! We are so excited that he is part of our family. He makes everyday an adventure. He is sick on his birthday, but we managed to make it out to deliver some cupcakes to his friends. He refused to have one himself, but all that means is more for me!!

Just a few things about the birthday boy.
1. He loves bath time.
2. He really likes play house Disney and since he has been sick it has been on a lot at our house.
3. He drinks a lot of milk.
4. He has a hard time remembering that we only color on paper, not walls or our bodies.
5. He loves going on the swings.
6. He really likes going to nursery.
7. He loves playing with other kids.
8. He finally figured out how to drink from a straw.
9. Riding in the shopping cart has lost its appeal for Blake. I need to start getting creative.
10. And my favorite. He calls both Matt and me dada. I think only once has he actually called me mom. At first I thought it was funny, but Blake if you are reading this, it is getting old.

We love our birthday boy.










13 comments:

Bingham Bunch said...

I can't believe how fast the kids are growing. I was thinking about Blake, Bryleigh, and Daniel when Meisha had her birthday. I feel like I don't really have a "baby" anymore......no more diapers, nursing, special food. It's WEIRD. Blake is absolutely gorgeous. Give him lots of birthday hugs from us and we are so sorry he is not feeling well :o(.

Janel said...

I didn't know it was Blakes b-day. That is a bummer he is sick for his birthday. He is so cute with lot's of personality!

merathon said...

happy birthday, blake! i am a horrible aunt for not calling and i'm SO sorry!

i love the enormous candle on the tiny cupcake!

oh, and i have to know-- are you greg evigan or paul reiser? (do NOT even ask how i pulled greg evigan out of my head. . . i'm weirded out by it as well.)

Angie said...

How cute is he. He is growing up so fast! Wow. He'll figure it out soon to call you mom. Happy birthday to him and I'm sorry he was sick.

It's Been a Day! said...

i recognize that candle from another picture!!

megs- blake might be having some gender issues - not realizing what's male and female. the pink scarf might have something to do with it! jk.

love the pics of him in the spiderman costume. he looks great. happy birthday blake. so glad you are a part of the family. come and see me soon!!

Christy said...

happy birthday blake! he is so cute you guys. sorry that he's sick, that stinks. oh, and sophie also calls me da da. glad to hear we're not the only one with a gender confused child. :)

Jess said...

Happy Birthday Blake! What a cute little guy! Sorry to hear he was sick on his birthday.

Kelly said...

Happy birthday, Blake! He's a keeper!

Liz said...

I love the spider man suit. You must have a great upper body work out for him! I'm sorry he was sick for his big day. At least he is still a little young and doesn't get the whole birthday thing yet. Oh, and I noticed your sewing machine out on your table. How are your projects coming?

Stapletons said...

I hope Blake is feeling better by now. It looks like your trip to Niagara and Palmyra were so fun! Such beautiful places. Just the falls of course in Niagara. The town itself is horrendous. :)

Whitney said...

We love Blake! He is so cute. I love the little tribute to him. I'm glad he and Lincoln are buddies...(although Linc can be a little stinker sometimes)

Neysa said...

Happy birthday to your little boy. He is soooo cute. Okay this is Neysa. We are going private on our blog around the beginning of December sometime. I need your email address. Could you please leave a comment on my blog with it on there. I don't know how often you check my blog. I posted it on there so I just thought I would let you know, if you would like to keep in touch with our family. Thank you!

THE DELIS FAMILY said...

Happy Birthday, Blake! I cannot believe it is his birthday again - so soon! He's growing into such a cute boy, and I'm sad we can't watch it in person. Hope y'all are doing well!