Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Thursday Three

Three fun things going on at our house.

1. Matt's birthday. We had a whole weekend of celebrating. I feel like most of it was centered on food, but that is what Matt likes best!! We ate at an Indian restaurant on Saturday night (thanks, Missy). Sunday was full of cinnamon rolls, homemade carrot cake, homemade mac and cheese, and hamburgers. The celebration continued on Monday with more cake and ice cream with some friends. 30 is going to be a great year!!


2. Blake is finally feeling better! While he we sick he pretty much sat around all day. Now he is back to his normal happy self. His grandparents got him a fun new table and he loves it. He sits and does his puzzle, reads his books, eats breakfast, and colors. It is a perfect size just for him. He also got some new Sunday clothes and I think he looks really sharp!

Blake being sick (sorry Matt, not your best shot)

Feeling better working at his new table.




3. The anticipation of the BYU/Utah game. Yesterday morning Matt said, and I quote, "I am so nervous about the BYU game." It was only Wednesday folks and the game is three days away. I can't imagine how the rest of the week is going to go for Matt. So in lieu of gifts this year for Matt's birthday, please just sing the Cougar fight song for Matt in hopes of a big win this year.

9 comments:

Kelly said...

Rise and shout, your birthday is out! Go BYU, and happy birthday, Matt! I'm so excited for the game too.

That little picture of your boys with Blake all sickey with the cap on is so adorable. He really is looking like his Austin cousins these days.

It's Been a Day! said...

I'm not a doctor, but maybe pants on Blake might help him get better! Jk. Poor blake. Glad he's feeling better.

Happy Birthday Matt. Seriously, I'm craving carrot cake. I'm so tempted to make it right now! Glad it was such a great birthday.

And seriously, go COUGS!! I don't think I'm as nervous as you are, but I am looking forward to it.

meredith said...

I guess I will just have to keep that big screen I bought for matt's birthday then.


Rise and shout....


(i'll sing it even if I am cheering for the other team. I remember my roots.)

mama bear said...

I'm glad Blake is feeling better. My kids still have some stuff, but I have high hopes! You should have Kody sing the fight song for you sometime, it's pretty cute.

Amy said...

Happy 30th to Matt. Too bad about the game. Danny was sooo bummed. I read him Matt's quote about being nervous (because Danny is soo the same way about BYU football) he goes, "I like Matt. He's a good man."

Angie said...

Go UTES!!!!! Oh, sorry Matt. Even if it was your birthday, nothing is better than the Utes beatin' the little kitties!!!!! I'm glad Blake is feeling better. Poor guy. You should get a whole shot of the table!

Team Covey said...

Happy Birthday, Matt. I don't know why, but I LOVE church clothes for baby Johnny. They are my favorite. Way to score on the table and good health, Blake.

Christy said...

happy birthday matt! although i can't believe he's 30! we are seriously getting old. megs, your husband is 30! :)

mary said...

LOL. i love number 3.