Thursday, September 17, 2009

Thursday Three - Dinner

We are in the middle of packing to move to our new house this weekend and while the packing is going well our standard of living is going down. Here are the three things we ate for dinner last night.

1. Frozen burritos
2. Frozen pizza (are you seeing a trend?)
3. Instant mashed potatoes

I have packed our entire kitchen save a few bowls, cups and utensils. Blake got a vegetable with today's lunch so I have not totally given up. His lunch yesterday however was 90% hostess cupcake and 10% baked beans.

We'll survive two more days of this, no problem. I do have a feeling that at some point during dinner tonight we'll hear the phrase, "would you like fries with that?" You do what you have to do and we are loving it.

I hate posts with no pictures and that is all I have been doing lately. Here is a cute one of Blake until I have time to take more. If you would like to see the Troll in person, we have a guest room waiting for you!

10 comments:

Amy said...

moving is so hard, especially for a mom, trying to figure out food and still pack at the same time. It totally takes a ton of planning! your post made me laugh because I have totally been there too!

Sara said...

you moved to seattle?...or is there a troll under a bridge in another city?... i lived in seattle for a summer doing an internship...i love that place. where are you living?

Sara said...

ps. that last comment was from sara's husband...me...jonathan kearl

Jennifer said...

Good luck with the move! Hope it all goes well. So excited for you guys and your new house!!

mama bear said...

good luck with it all!

Corinne said...

There is that same picture in the Love Happens movie...I feel a stronger connection to Seattle now.

Barb: said...

Congrats on moving to a new house! I hope it all goes well and that the whole family adjusts okay! Oh, and happy birthday!

Jessica said...

Yea, I am glad you made it through the move. I love your house so much!

Can you believe I have never been to see the troll yet?

amydear said...

There is someone in my town that looks a lot like you (although you are taller and thinner!) and I want her to BE you so I can chat at soccer practice. : ) Good luck with the move. It will be fun to have fresh food again, no?

Amy said...

Moving really is the worst. Hopefully you'll make it through without having a coronary - you do what you gotta do. Thank heavens for quick meals, right? Good luck with it all.

Is that troll in the entry way of your new house? It must be a big house.