Thursday, September 10, 2009

Thursday Three

Three Thoughts

1. I had a birthday this week and it was great. I really love birthdays and I especially loved the carrot cake Matt made. So good!! I was sitting in Barnes and Noble on my birthday and Blake decided that would be a great time to take a large, stinky poop. (sorry for that description, but I call them like I see them, and smell them). I decided that the sales lady really should change it for me since it was my birthday. I waited and waited until I knew she could smell it, but I could tell she was not going to make a move so I just did it myself. I was explaining this to my new brother-in-law, Eric, and he made this clever observation,

"That's the bummer with birthdays and good haircuts. You walk around thinking everyone notices this new thing about you but nobody does except those who care."

I guess the Barnes and Noble lady and me are not as close as I thought.

2. I had a few requests for this recipe. You must make them now!! Matt's brother Todd always doubles the recipe and makes them in a cookie sheet and since he taught me how to make them, I go big. You won't regret the massive amounts of scoobs it makes. Don't bother with the fact that the recipe calls them Scotcheroos. Scooby Snacks sounds much more sophisticated.

3. Having pancake night once a week for dinner was a genius idea. They are from scratch so at least it shows some effort on my part.

Edited to add: I use milk chocolate chips in the scoobs. Much better choice.

11 comments:

It's Been a Day! said...

happy birthday! glad it was a good one. i love scoobs. a lady i know doubles the recipe and then puts it into a 9x13 pan. talk about huge scoobs!! (did you see the scoobs on that lady?) they are always a hit, that's for sure.

Mac and Starr said...

Happy late Birthday! Thanks for the scoobs recipe, I was wondering too what they were. I was thinking they were what we call "puppy chow," but those are made with rice chex cereal and totally different. I'm excited to make these. I've been on a huge sugar kick lately and sometimes it's just what you need to have a better day! So why not?

Jess said...

Happy Birthday Megan! I loved your thoughts and I am grateful to have those recipes. It sounded like you had a good birthday despite having to change a diaper.

merathon said...

if i was there, i totally would have made that lady change blake's diaper for you...

megs, i do love scoobs, but i have to disagree-- i ALWAYS choose semi-sweet over milk chocolate! :)

MichiganMarshes said...

Those treats are the best. The only problem is that if I make them I have to keep on eating them until they're gone and then I feel sick. Milk chocolate is for sure the way to go. Tell Blake hi from Emerson and Finlay.

Missy said...

happy birthday megan! and i got to read 3 times the amount of posts since i'm way behind on your blog. ashlyn pooped in the tub the other day; it was pretty sweet. love the gym stories. does it kind of make you miss howard?

Janel said...

Happy birthday! I am excited to make the scoobs. Any recipe coming from you is bound to be delicious!!! Are those the same pancakes I had at your house once upon a time? Because those were dang good!!

mama bear said...

I agree with your new brother-in-law, he sounds like a wise man! It's also the same when you drive into town after a long vacation and nobody even notices!

I totally thought scoobs were like muddy buddies! Thanks for setting me straight.

Happy Birthday!

Heather said...

I'm picturing this showdown between you and Barnes & Noble chick and can't stop laughing!

aniC said...

happy birthday megan. we should have had a joint party for you and little judson. maybe next year.

Whitney said...

Dang it, dang it!!! I didn't write your birthday on my new calender so I missed it! I hope it was a great one, even though Blake's present to you wasn't so great. I love the Carrot cake tradition. Hope you have a great year!